www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Twyford Hall Soldiers Memorial Wing & PorchPrint Page Print this page

Soldiers Memorial Wing : 20-March-2011
Soldiers Memorial Wing : 20-March-2011

Photographs supplied by Peter F Williams

Twyford Hall Soldiers Memorial Wing & Porch commemorate those from Merimbula who served in World Wars One and Two. The Soldiers Memorial Wing was erected on the 15th December 1962 and porch was donated by Miss Sarah Twyford in memory of the Merimbula Soldiers who served in World War One. Honour Rolls from both World Wars are located on the front of the building.  The original plaque from the Soldiers Memorial Wing no longer appears to be on the building. 

Twyford Hall was named after Mr. J. W.Twyford who donated the land for the site and started the movement for the erection of a new building for public purposes. The hall was officially opened on the 9th December 1931. 

Location

Address:Beach & Market Streets, Twyford Hall, Merimbula, 2548
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.888738
Long: 149.910773
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Wednesday 9th December, 1931
Left Side Inscription


(Honour Roll)
[Names]
WORLD WAR II 1939 - 1945

(plaque)
THIS PORCH
WAS DONATED BY
SARAH TWYFORD
AND DEDICATED
TO THE MEMORY OF

MERIMBULA SOLDIERS
WHO SERVED IN
THE GREAT WAR
1914 - 1918.

(plaque)

THIS STONE
WAS LAID BY
J. W. TWYFORD ESQ.
8TH JUNE 1931.

Right Side Inscription

(Honour Roll )
[ Names] 
 

(Honour Roll)

WORLD WAR II
1939 - 1945

[Names]

 

Source: MA,SKP,NRWM
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design