Homebush War MemorialPrint Page
The War Memorial was originally erected by the Homebush Patriotic Association in memory of those from the district who served in World War One. Originally situated at the corner of Parramatta and Wentworth Roads, Homebush, the memorial was relocated and rededicated on the 11th November 1978.
Plaques have been added to the memorial to commemorate those who served in later conflicts.
Sandstone monument consisting of a pedestal with a tapering cylinder and orb at the top. The pedestal is made up of two tapering blocks, one placed on top of the other. Each face of the block has marble plaques with black painted lettering. The top block has a bevelled cornice and supports the tapering column on which two crossed rifles have been carved. The orb is attached to the column by a small curved pedestal with two carved rings directly under the orb.
|Address:||Beresford & Coventry Roads , Davey Square Reserve, Homebush, 2140|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.872536|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1918|
THE GREAT WAR OF 1914
ERECTED BY THE HOMEBUSH PATRIOTIC ASSOCIATION
IN MEMORY OF THE BRAVE
IN HONOR OF ALL WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY IN THE WAR
1939 - 1945
Formerly Situated On The Corner Of
PARRAMATTA AND WENTWORTH ROADS HOMEBUSH
Was Re-Located On This Site By The
COUNCIL OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF STRATHFIELD
At The Request Of The
HOMEBUSH - STRATHFIELD SUB-BRANCH
OF THE RETURNED SERVICES LEAGUE
And Was Dedicated On
SATURDAY THE ELEVENTH OF NOVEMBER 1978
IN HONOR OF ALL WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY IN VIETNAM
1962 - 1972
IN HONOR OF ALL WHO SERVED OUR COUNTRY IN KOREA
1950 - 1954
we will remember them