Campsie Clock Tower MemorialPrint Page
The Clock Tower Memorial was originally erected to commemorate those who served in World War One. The tower was remodelled in 1951 and dedicated to those who served in both World Wars. Additional plaques have been added to to the memorial to commemorate later conflicts.
The foundation stone for the Campsie Memorial Clock Tower was laid by the Mayor of Canterbury, Alderman Parry on the 28th May 1932. It was erected by the Campsie Women`s Strong Post, who were a group which welcomed home returning servicemen.
|Address:||194 Beamish Street, ANZAC Mall, Campsie, 2194|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.910998|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 28th May, 1932|
This Memorial honours those who served
in the Armed Forces during
WORLD WARS 1914 - 18 1939 - 45
Erected by the Women of the Strong Post
remodelled by public subscription 1951
the foundation stone was laid by
STANLEY F. PARRY
Mayor 28th May 1932
1914 - 1918
In Memory Of
Corporal Albert Edward (Ted) Matthews
Service No. 180
"The Last Survivor, ANZAC Landing,
Gallipoli, 25th April 1915"
Passed away 9 December 1997
at age 101
1962 - 72
1964 - 65
1963 - 66
1955 - 63
1950 - 53
1939 - 1945