Barellan and District War Memorial ClubPrint Page
The Barellan and District War Memorial Club was erected in memory of those who lost their lives in both World Wars and as a tribute to ex-service personnel.
At a well attended meeting held at Barellan to discuss plans for the erection of a district war memorial, it was decided on the motion of Messrs. W. W. Black and McKinnon, that a Sailors', Soldiers', Airmen's and Service Women's Memorial and Club Room be erected in the main street of Barellan in a site approved by the public. It was proposed to place an honour roll in view of the public where wreaths may be placed.
Narandera Argus and Riverina Advertiser (NSW), 23 June 1944.
|Address:||Bendee Street, Barellan, 2665|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.285918|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1951|
BARELLAN & DISTRICT
WAR MEMORIAL CLUB
BY BARELLAN & DISTRICT
TO THE MEMORY OF
THOSE WHO FELL
IN WORLD WARS 1 & 2
& AS A TRIBUTE TO ALL