Ariah Park Memorial HallPrint Page
Ariah Park Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those who served in conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
Never before, and probably never again, will such a large and appreciative gathering assemble at Ariah Park's new memorial hall as did recently to witness the official opening of the building. This duty was performed by the district's greatest public spirited citizen in the person of Narraburra Shire president (Cr. Dave Edis), a man who has sacrificed his own personal interests, even to risking a complete breakdown in health, to serve his district to the unbounded betterment of' the community. The large assemblage was most gratifying to all those who, for the past two years, have worked unceasingly continuously to build a hall worthy of our town and district, and the culmination of their efforts has resulted in a building that in size, appointments and beauty, is unsurpassed in very few country towns, and certainly puts Halls in towns of similar size completely in the shade.
The West Wyalong Advocate (NSW), 31 May 1954.
|Address:||Ashton & Pitt Streets, Ariah Park, 2665|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.347975|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 1st November, 1952|
THIS STONE WAS LAID BY
CR . D . W . EDIS
ON 1ST NOV. 1952.