Soldiers` Memorial School of Arts & Memorial Hall Print Page
The Soldiers' Memorial School of Arts was erected in 1924 to commemorate those who served in World War One. In 1961, an extension in the form of a memorial hall at the rear of the building was erected to commemorate those who served in World War Two. The hall has a separate entrance at the side of the School of Arts. There are plans to upgrade the entrance in the future.
An "Australia Remembers" plaque was unveiled in 1995 which dedicated the hall to the fallen and all who served in World War Two.
The laying of the foundation stone of Ardlethan Soldiers' Memorial School of Arts will take place next Saturday afternoon, when the ceremony will be performed by Mr. W. W. Killen, M.H.R. When completed the building and furnishings will have cost about £2000.
Albury Banner and Wodonga Express (NSW), 23 May 1924.
|Address:||Ariah Street, Ardlethan, 2665|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.3575|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 24th May, 1924|
SOLDIERS` MEMORIAL • SCHOOL OF ARTS •
THIS STONE WAS LAID BY THE
HON. WILLIAM WILSON KILLEN M.H.R.
ON 24 TH MAY 1924.
This Hall was dedicated to honour the fallen aAnd all who served Australia during World War II
Lest We Forget