Victoria Cross Tribute 1960 - 1969Print Page
The Victoria Cross is the highest award for acts of bravery in wartime. It was instituted in 1856 by Queen Victoria and made retrospective to 1854 to cover the period of the Crimean War. It is possible for any serving member of the armed forces to obtain this award.
The Victoria Cross is designed in the form of the Maltese Cross: in the centre of the medal is a lion guardant standing upon the Royal Crown. The words "For valour" are inscribed below. The Victoria Cross is suspended from a crimson ribbon. On the reverse of the cross the date of the act of bravery is inscribed, along with the name, rank, and unit of the recipient.
|Address:||Marshall & Lewis Streets, Cobar Memorial Services Club, Cobar, 2835|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.498304|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1900|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1969|
A TRIBUTE TO AUSTRALIA'S 96 VICTORIA CROSS WINNERS 1960 - 1969
May Their Names Liveth For Evermore
OUR GLORIOUS 96 VICTORIA CROSS RECIPIENTS