Dockers Plains War MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved.
|Address:||McDonald & Boorhaman Road, Dockers Plains, 3678|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.294765|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2006|
A non-vested Catholic School No. 832 was opened nearby on "Glen Isla" in July 1866. In January 1874 it reopened on this site as a Capitation School until closing in October 1877, to reopen the same month as S.S. 1962.
This school closed permanently in July 1944. This school was the focal point for the Post Office, Rifle, Athletic and Tennis Clubs. Prior to these schools opening tutoring clases were held at Bontharambo.
This rock erected by the Legion of Ex-servicemen and Women of the Wangaratta Branch
D. C. E. Williams President and John Paul Esq of Bontharambo
Great War 1914 - 1918
Remember those who served overseas, and those who made the supreme sacrifice.
[ Names ]
Lest We Forget
Remembered by the Victorian Branch of the Legion of Ex-servicemen and Women
We remember those students from Dockers Plains School who served in World War Two, and subsequent conflicts.
[ Names ]
Lest We Forget.
11th November 2007.