St Andrew`s Presbyterian Pipe Organ PlaquesPrint Page
The organ was originally built by J.E.Dodd in 1921 in memory of those who served in World War One. The organ was rebuilt in 1955 by Hill, Norman & Beard and restored in 1995 to commemorate those who served in World War Two and subsequent conflicts.
|Address:||25 Hesse Street (Hesse & Manifold Streets) , Colac Uniting Church (St Andrews) , Colac, 3250|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -38.336836|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 30th July, 1995|
Plaque 1 :
ERECTED TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN MEMORY OF THOSE FROM THIS CHURCH WHO FELL AND THOSE WHO SERVED IN THE GREAT WAR FOR EMPIRE AND FREEDOM
"FOR PRAISE TO THEM WHO DO WELL" 1 Peter 2.14.
Plaque 2 :
RESTORED ORGAN DEDICATED TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO SERVED IN WORLD WAR II AND SUBSEQUENT WARS AND CONFLICTS
" No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. " John 15.13
30th July 1995