St Giles Presbyterian War Memorial ChurchPrint Page
The foundation stone of the church was laid by Lieutenant General Sir John Northcott on the 5th March 1955 with the official opening and dedication on the 26th November 1955.
|Address:||Park Road & MacMahon Street, Hurstville, 2220|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.964091|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 26th November, 1955|
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
THIS STONE WAS SET BY
HIS EXCELLENCY THE GOVERNOR OF NEW SOUTH WALES
LIEUT. GENERAL SIR JOHN NORTHCOTT
K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., C.B
5th MARCH 1955
(small plaque )
HISTORICAL MARKER 44
ST GILES PRESBYTERIAN
WAR MEMORIAL CHURCH
THIS IS THE THIRD CHURCH OF HURSTVILLE
PRESBYTERIANS AND WAS BUILT IN 1955. PRESBYTERIAN
SERVICES COMMENCED IN HURSTVILLE IN 1888.
THE FIRST CHURCH WAS A WOODEN BUILDING BUILT IN
1904 IN FOREST ROAD. THE SECOND CHURCH WAS BUILT
IN 1923 AND HAS BECOME THE YOUTH CENTRE
OPPOSITE THIS CHURCH.
Hurstville Municipal Hurstville Historical