www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Michael and All Angels Anglican ChurchPrint Page Print this page

14-March-2010
14-March-2010

Photographs supplied by John Huth
The church commemorates those from the Parish of New Farm who died in service or were killed in action during World Wars One and Two. The foundation stone was laid in 1957 and the church was dedicated by Archbishop Halse on 22 March 1959.

Location

Address:655 Brunswick Street, New Farm, 4005
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.463795
Long: 153.041644
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple
Monument Designer:Conrad & Gargett (Architects)

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 29th September, 1957
Front Inscription

           A. M. D. G.
In Memory Of The Sacrifice
Of The Men And Women
Of The Parish Of New Farm
Who Gave Their Lives
In Two World Wars
This Stone In Honour Of
St. Michael And All Angels
Was Set And Blessed By
Reginald Archbishop Of Brisbane
On 29th September 1957.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design