Wall of Remembrance Print Page
The Wall of Remembrance commemorates servicemen and women from the district of Woodend and Newham who served in World War One. The wall was installed in September 2015 at the southern end of the town’s Avenue of Honour and is composed of polished black granite and a grey Harcourt granite sculpture by Ashika and Padma Ostapkowicz.
The Wall of Remembrance has a description of the history of the avenue and the names of 186 people from the district. The 2.4-kilometre avenue includes 230 English and Algerian oak trees planted on September 14, 1918 to honour men and women from Woodend and Newham who enlisted in World War One.
The wall was funded with a $21,500 grant from the Anzac Centenary local grants scheme, $19,580 from the Victorian Government Restoring Community War Memorials grants scheme and $5500 from Macedon Ranges Shire Council.
|Address:||Calder Highway, Woodend, 3442|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.347198|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Designer:||Ashika & Padma Ostapkowicz (artists)|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||September-2015|