H.M.A.S. MoretonPrint Page
|Address:||Macquarie Street & Merthyr Road, New Farm - Newstead Bikeway, New Farm, 4005|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.462507|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||01-October-1942|
|Actual Event End Date:||11-May-1994|
`This site is dedicated to all Navy personnel who served in HMAS Moreton'
HMAS MORETON, which was located adjacent to this site, was commissioned on 1 October, 1942 and decommissioned on 11 May, 1994. The base supported the RAN Amphibious Squadron, the Brisbane Port Division of the Royal Australian Navy Reserve abd Naval Reserve Cadets throughout Queensland as well as other Naval personnel serving in the South East Queensland area.