Northbridge War Memorial ReservePrint Page
A garden commemorates those who have died in service or have been killed in action in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved. In the centre of the garden is a flagpole with a plaque.
The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League had originally built a hall, the flagpole and the garden in 1954. The sub-branch ceased to operate in 2001 and the hall became part of a recreation centre.
|Address:||395 Sailors Bay Road, Northbridge, 2063|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.810614|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1956|
Northbridge Memorial Gardens
These Memorial Gardens Are Dedicated
To The Memory Of The Fallen.
The Gardens Were Constructed By
The Northbridge Sub-Branch R.S.L.
And Dedicated By The Clergy In 1956.
The reserve was proclaimed a war memorial in 1951. The Northbridge sub-branch of the Returned and Services League built a hall, the flagpole and memorial garden on the site in 1954. When the sub-branch ceased to operate in 2001, the hall and tennis courts became a local recreation centre, controlled and managed by Willoughby Council.
Willoughby City Council