50th Anniversary of the Australian Legion of Ex-Servicemen & WomenPrint Page
A plaque commemorates the 50th anniversary of the formation of the Australian Legion of Ex-Servicemen and Women and is dedicated to all those who served.
The Australian Legion of Ex-Servicemen and Women is an ex-service association. Formed in December 1944 from a number of existing organisations, membership of the legion is open to all ex-service personnel, including British Commonwealth and Allied personnel, and former members of the peace-time Australian regular and reserve forces. The legion has branches in each state, and sub-branches in major cities and towns, with its national headquarters located in Melbourne, Victoria.
|Address:||Argyle Place & Lower Fort Street, The Garrison Church, Millers Point, 2000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.858434|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1944|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1994|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 12th June, 1994|
Aust. Legion of Ex-Service Men & Women
"IN THANKSGIVING TO GOD FOR ALL WHO SERVED"
Unveiled By CHIEF JUSTICE, THE HON A M GLEESON AC THE LIEUT. GOVERNOR OF N.S.W. TO COMMEMORATE THE FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FORMATION OF THE AUSTRALIAN LEGION OF EX-SERVICEMEN & WOMEN
JUNE 12TH 1994