www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Templestowe Memorial Reserve (Services Memorial Park)Print Page Print this page

09-October-2013
09-October-2013

Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders

The Memorial Reserve commemorates those who have served in the various conflicts in which Australia has been involved.

The War Memorial was relocated to the reserve and rededicated on Anzac Day 1990. The reserve also contains a series of "Australia Remembers" plaques, unveiled in 1995, which commemorate later conflicts. 

Location

Address:Foote & High Streets, Templestowe, 3106
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -37.757703
Long: 145.118692
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Park
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1971
Front Inscription

TEMPLESTOWE MEMORIAL RESERVE 
 

Inscription in Proximity

Plaque:

City of Doncaster & Templestowe

This reserve was the site of the Bulleen Shire Hall from July 1875 until 1910, when it became the Shire Pound.  In 1971, the Council of the City of Doncaster and Templestowe renamed the reserve to "Services Memorial Park" to honour the men and women who fought in all wars since Federation and also to honour members of local service organisations who have contributed to the quality of life of the city.

In 1990, the First World War Memorial was relocated from its original site at Anderson Street to this reserve with the financial assistance from Council, the Rotary Club of Templestowe an the Templestowe Returned Services League.  The official ceremony of dedication was conducted by His Worship the Mayor of Doncaster & Templestowe, Cr. Trevor Waring JP on the 75th anniversary of ANZAC Day, 25th April 1990.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design