7th Field Regiment RAA - North Sydney School of Arts PlaquePrint Page
North Sydney School of Arts Plaque contains a dedication from the 7th Field Regiment RAA Association in memory of those who served. The 7th Field Regiment used the North Sydney School of Arts building as a Training Depot for the the 7th Field Brigade Australian Field Artillery between 1921 to 1929.
|Address:||Mount Street & Miller Street, North Sydney , 2060|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.838889|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Event Start Date:||1921|
|Approx. Event End Date:||1929|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||2001|
SCHOOL OF ARTS
The North Sydney School of Arts stood on
this site from 1886 until it was closed in 1935.
Sir Henry Parkes officated at the opening ceremony.
This community facility housed a library, meeting rooms,
a billiard room and was a popular concert hall.
From 1921 to 1929 it was the Training Depot of
7th Field Brigade Australian Field Artillery
7th Field RAA Association North Sydney Historical Society
"in memory of those who served " North Sydney Council 2001