Union Jack EnsignPrint Page
The Union Jack Ensign was presented to the 17th Light Horse Regiment in 1904 for services rendered during the Boer War and were placed in St James Church in 1925. The colours were restored and rededicated in 2001.
|Address:||Kilmarnock Terrace & Irvine Street, St James the Great Anglican Church, Jamestown, 5491|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.208096|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||1914-08-04|
|Actual Event End Date:||1919-06-28|
The King`s Colours were presented to the 17th Light Horse Regiment in 1904 for services rendered during the Boer War and were laid up in St James Church on Sunday June 7, 1925.
The Colours were restored with a Federal Government Their Service-Our Heritage grant And dedicated on Sunday June 17, 2001, By The Rt Reverend Garry Weatherill Sixth Bishop of Willochra